We’re live with our first in-person interview! Today, we’re talking with Lindsay Bryan-Podvin of Mind Money Balance, one of only 50 financial therapists in the United States.
We stepped into Lindsay’s office in Ann Arbor, Michigan to learn more about what financial therapy is and why couples might need it.
Then, Lindsay and Bud have a showdown about whether budgeting is an emotional issue or a black-and-white math equation.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What financial therapy is
- How money conversations in a partnership are inherently emotional
- At what point couples might decide they need financial therapy
- What happened in our relationship when we didn’t talk about money
- What makes people more likely to save and invest for the future, and how to trick your mind into it
- Lindsay’s advice on how couples can start budgeting if they’re currently in money conflict
- What’s the one thing a couple can change about their spending that feels the least harmful?
- Using the term “spending plan” instead of “budget”
- Monday dates
Mentioned in this episode:
Let’s connect! Follow us at @budandsara on Instagram and send us a message with any questions about this episode.