The end of the year is always full of presents, parties, reflection, and resolutions. Instead of just resolving to do stuff in the new year, how about setting some real goals for yourself and your partnership?
Today, we’re talking about our annual goal setting process and how it keeps us moving forward together.
The specific areas we goal plan are:
In this episode, we talk about:
- SMART goals (and why Sara isn’t necessarily into that framework)
- How visioning for the future can help you set goals for this year
- Setting a preferred outcome and thinking through the monthly steps you need to take to get there
- Why the way we each design our goals is way different
- A few of our real annual goals all the way back to 2012!
- Starting with a fun “dream date”
- Providing support vs accountability
Our suggested goal planning process for couples:
- Write your individual goals separately
- Exchange them electronically so your partner can review them in advance
- Come together and provide each other feedback
Recommend to your partner that you go out on an end of the year “dream date.” You decide what you want to get out of it!
Mentioned in this Episode:
Let’s connect! Follow us at @budandsara on Instagram and send us a message with any questions about this episode.