Ladies, this episode is for you.
I was thinking about advice I would give to young women entering into marriage, and I came up with these three mindset traps that women often fall into.
These are things I’ve learned from and am still working through after 17 years in a relationship and 8 years of marriage.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Bud’s advice: Thinking about your preferred outcome or keeping the end goal in mind—What do you want your relationship to look like? Then work backward from there
- Expecting your partner to constantly know how you’re feeling and what you’re thinking
- The right, fair, productive way to seek emotional support
- Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy? You can’t be right all the time
- Deciding what you’re going to live with
- Realizing that everyone’s relationship is different and that your partner is not going to have every good trait of every good relationship you hear about
Think about one thing you’re going to decide to live with—Something your partner does that you can get over and try not to fix.
Then, think of one other thing that they do well naturally that you can choose to appreciate.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Our episode on visioning: 014: Visioning – Imagining Life 15 Years from Today
- 011: Are You Setting Your Partner Up for Success or Failure?
Let’s connect! Follow us at @budandsara on Instagram and send us a message with any questions about this episode.