You’ve heard it before, that budgeting can be hard. Well, it doesn’t need to be. This week we talk about common roadblocks to budgeting, and ideas to have fun with this important practice as a couple.
If you feel like you should have a budget but think it sounds kind of awful, this episode is for you.
For more on budgeting, check out our fundamental episode on budgeting:
And here are all of our episodes involving budgeting as a couple.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What made Sara dread budgeting when we started budgeting as a couple
- How we worked to make budgeting less painful
- Viewing budgeting as “allowing” you to spend rather than restricting
- How to make talking about budgeting more fun
- What to do if a budget just seems like too much work
Plan your first budget meeting if you’ve never done one before. Think about ways you can make it fun. To prepare, make sure to download our budget sheet.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Our first episode about budgeting, covering how we budget and our history with it: 004: Budgeting & Money – Own Your Finances as a Couple
- Our monthly ritual where we talk about our budget together: 003: Life Planning Dinner
- Our Bud and Sara Budget Worksheet to start the discussion (to save this for your own use, go to File > Make a Copy)
- Software tools to manage your budget easily:
Let’s connect! Follow us at @budandsara on Instagram and send us a message with any questions about this episode.