The Business of Love series is a new series of episodes where we bring helpful business practices into relationships. One of our favorite “businessy” things that has helped us in relationship is personality testing.
Businesses often have teams go through assessments to understand how they can work better together and communicate with more empathy. We think these same skills are critical in long-term relationships.
Today, we’re giving an overview of personality tests, how they have benefitted our relationship, and the two personality tests we’ve used.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Why we recommend every couple take personality tests and talk about them together
- The two personality assessments we’ve used, and why we liked them both
- How personality tests results can help you mold your communication style
- Why personality tests are basically “cheap therapy”
Research these two personality tests if they sound interesting. Take a test for yourself. Extra credit if you do it before next week’s episode!
Mentioned in this episode:
- What is Insights Discovery?
- Get your Insights Discovery profile
- What is the Enneagram?
- Get your Enneagram type – recommend getting the Standard “STD” profile
Let’s connect! Follow us at @budandsara on Instagram and send us a message with any questions about this episode.