One of our biggest pieces of advice for young couples is to combine finances and share a bank account.
In today’s short episode, we’re talking about why we’re so passionate about combined finances. We’ll dive into how sharing money plays into transparency, trust, and goals.
In this episode, we talk about:
- The podcast episode that encouraged us to take a stronger stand about combined finances
- Common excuses why couples may not want to share a bank account
- Why sharing money is closely tied to sharing dreams and goals
- How a shared bank account works in practice
If you’re doing this, cheers to you! Grab a beer and celebrate with your partner. If not, talk to your partner about moving all your money together!
Mentioned in this episode:
- 004: Budgeting & Money – Own Your Finances as a Couple – Our first episode about money
- When, How & Why to Start Saving Your Hard Earned Dollars with Rachel Cruze on the She Podcast – the episode that shifted Sara’s perspective on shared bank accounts (jump to minute 47:00)
- 005: The Shopping Budget
Let’s connect! Follow us at @budandsara on Instagram and send us a message with any questions about this episode.