Welcome to 2019, where money and income-earning roles in relationships don’t always follow a “traditional” stereotype.
We don’t think there’s enough conversation around handling partnerships where income is basically equal. Who’s in charge of what? What does that mean for who makes money decisions?
In this episode, we draw back the curtain on our own income situation, how we’ve invested in one another, and what we messed up when our income wasn’t quite so equal.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How each partner in a relationship deserves equal power in money choices and management
- Using dual income to allow you to invest in one another’s careers
- Speaking out against money stereotypes in social situations
Introspective – how are you thinking about your own money role in the relationship? How can you shift that to make it more empowering for yourself?
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Episode 004: Budgeting & Money – Own Your Finances as a Couple
- The End of Men: And the Rise of Women – book recommended by Bud
Did you know we stream every episode recording live, usually weeks before it launches on the podcast? Follow us at @budandsara on Instagram to get notified when we go live.