Sometimes, it’s intimidating to talk about the big stuff. The nagging stuff. The life stuff. Our monthly Life Planning Dinner is where we get it all out on the table (and put a great meal on the table, too, which makes it even better).
In this episode, we’re talking about Life Planning Dinner’s start as a monthly goal review, plus the problems that caused. We share how we evolved our goal review into a monthly event that we both look forward to.
Our Life Planning Dinner agenda includes:
- Monthly gratitudes: We take turns sharing a few things we’re grateful for from the last month.
- Budget review: Bud’s the keeper of the budget, so he shares a monthly report with Sara each month.
- Goal review: We take turns reviewing our progress toward our annual or quarterly goals (personal and professional).
About the Intentional Practices Series
This episode is the second in our Intentional Practices Series, a series of episodes where we share the regular practices we incorporate into our relationship to keep us connected, strong, and growing. Don’t miss:
- 002: The Ritual – our daily communication practice
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Startup Life: Surviving and Thriving in a Relationship with an Entrepreneur – Brad Feld and Amy Batchelor (where we got the idea of a monthly Life Dinner)